By Appointment Only

By Appointment Only


Get In

Newnan Office
37 Calumet Parkway, ​Building N
​Suite N-118
Newnan, Georgia 30263

470-344-8550 Phone
770-847-7326 FAX

Quick Contact Form


Frequently Asked Questions About Personal Injury Law in Georgia

Answers from experienced accident attorneys in Newnan

For more than 15 years, the Law Office of S. Mark Mitchell, LLC has helped individuals in Newnan and the south Atlanta area to pursue damages and insurance settlements through personal injury lawsuits. I use evidence and the protections afforded by Georgia law to build strong, thorough cases.

People come to my law firm with all kinds of questions about how to proceed after they or their loved ones suffer a serious or fatal accident in Georgia. Some of those I hear most often include:

Contact skillful Newnan attorneys to schedule a free initial consultation

At the Law Office of S. Mark Mitchell, LLC in Newnan, Georgia, I passionately represent clients in a wide range of personal injury lawsuits. If you have questions about your right to compensation after an accident, I am here to provide the answers you need. To schedule your free initial consultation, call 470-344-8550 or contact me online.

What should I do after a car accident?

If you are involved in a Georgia car accident that results in an injury or property damage, promptly report the accident to police. If possible, exchange contact information with any other people involved. If it is safe to do so, take pictures and videos of the accident scene, injuries and property damage. Then, seek medical attention as soon as possible.

Back to Top

When is a driver liable for the costs of a car accident?

To hold a driver or any other entity accountable for the costs of your Georgia car accident, you will have to prove that they were principally at fault for the accident and your injuries. Under Georgia’s comparative negligence rule, you will be entitled to pursue compensation only if you were less than 50 percent at fault and the other party or parties accounted for the majority of the blame.

Back to Top

What if I am partially at fault for a car accident?

You can collect damages only to extent that the accident was not your fault. That means your provable damages will be reduced by your percentage of blame. So, if the total damages are $100,000 and you are 30 percent at fault, you will only be able to collect up to $70,000.

Back to Top

What evidence do I need after a motorcycle accident?

After a Georgia motorcycle accident, you to establish that another party was mostly at fault. The party may be another driver, a road maintenance provider or the manufacturer of the motorcycle or a component part. Evidence may include pictures or videos from the accident scene, forensic evidence, witness testimony, manufacturing and testing records and public transportation department records.

Back to Top

When is a property owner liable for the costs of a slip and fall?

A property owner may be held liable for a slip & fall accident in Georgia if he or she is shown to be negligent, usually by allowing a condition to exist that posed a hazard to visitors and others who reasonably might enter upon the property. Examples are inadequate lighting in hallways, obstructive debris on floors and walkways and stairway in disrepair.

Back to Top

When can I file a wrongful death lawsuit?

To file a wrongful death lawsuit in Georgia, you must be able to demonstrate that another person’s negligent, reckless, intentional, or criminal actions were responsible for the victim’s death. The suit can be filed by the personal representative of the deceased person’s estate or by his or her spouse, children or parents.

Back to Top